The 49th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Myeloma Call for Abstracts
October 20 (Fri), 2023 －December 13(Wed)
We deeply appreciate Submitting Abstracts.
Abstract Submission has closed.
- 1. Basic research on etiology, pathogenesis, and treatment
- 2. Immune microenvironment
- 3. Diagnostic methods (e.g., prognostic factors, biomarkers, MRD measurement)
- 4. First line treatment of myeloma
- 5. Treatment of relapsed/refractory myeloma
- 6. Novel therapies of myeloma (e.g., CAR-T therapy)
- 7. Response/risk-adapted therapy
- 8. Myeloma-related disorders
- 9. Prevention and management of infectious diseases
- 10. Evaluation and management of myeloma-associated bone diseases
- 11. Management of elderly myeloma patients
- 12. Cancer rehabilitation
- 13. Role of pharmacists in myeloma treatment
- 14. Role of nurses in myeloma treatment
- 15. Regional medical cooperation for elderly myeloma patient care (e.g., home nursing, home medical care, out-of-hospital pharmacies)
- 16. Complications/Supportive care
- 17. Case report
- 18. Others
Participants from overseas can submit without membership status, but are required to pay the registration fee. This registration fee is NOT REFUNDABLE despite the result of acceptance/rejection of the submission. This non-refundable condition is the same for the submission by the Japanese members.
Registration is scheduled to open in December 2023.
The first author (presenter) must be a member of the Japanese Society of Myeloma. Exceptions are permitted for early-career residents in the new training system, non-M.D. graduate students, undergraduate students, international students, and non-Japanese nationals, who may present their abstracts as the first author regardless of membership.
Oral Presentation or Poster Presentation
Excellent Programs for plenaries (limited to oral presentations) and posters will be selected and awards will be presented at the closing ceremony.
JSM Travel Award for IMS/IMW is applicable for only the Japanese JSM members. Conditions of this award appears in the Japanese page. Application forms (Application Form, Recommendation Letter, English Abstract, Research Achievements) also appears in the Japanese page.
The abstract book will be published by the International Journal of Myeloma to preserve the contents in a format readily available for future citations. To allow for citations from overseas researchers, please register abstract titles and the body of your abstract in English.
All authors are required to disclose any Conflict of Interest (COI) with a biotechnology manufacturer, a pharmaceutical company, or other commercial entity that has an interest in the subject matter or materials discussed in the manuscript within the period of 36 months prior. The corresponding author is required to complete the form below with information from all the authors listed in the manuscript.
Please show whether you have Conflict of Interest on the second slide made in accordance with the following template (example), and state it in your presentation.
The following template (example) for Conflict of Interest disclosure should be displayed with the poster.
When making a presentation at the annual meeting of the Japanese Society of Myeloma, the contents of the presentation must comply with the ethical guidelines, laws and regulations in each country. When submitting an abstract, please state one of the following two options based on the status; "This presentation has been approved by an ethics committee or institution for clinical or basic research" or "This presentation does not require approval by an ethics committee or institution. If you choose the former, please indicate clearly on your presentation slide or poster that your presentation has been approved. Whether or not approval is required for a small number of case reports should be in accordance with the judgment of each institution. Researches involving off-label use must be approved prior to start of research. If "Not Applicable" is checked for the study which includes the contents considered to require approval by the Ethics Committee or the institution, the abstract may be rejected.
- ■All the abstract submissions will be registered online from this website.
- ■To avoid the website congestion immediately prior to the deadline, we recommend an early registration.
- ■Your login ID and passwords will be required if you wish to modify your registered abstracts. Please be sure to keep the information issued to you when you register. Note that inquiries on passwords will not be accepted for security reasons.
- ■After completing the abstract submission, a notification will be sent to the registered email address shortly. In case the email is not delivered, pleases verify the registration details.
- ■Please contact the secretariat if you have any questions.
The acceptance or rejection of the program will be determined after referee reading and organizing programs by the Secretariat.
A notice of acceptance will be sent to your registered email address in early March.
Secretariat of JSM2024
(The 49th annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Myeloma)
c/o Anuproduce INC.
4-4-30-6, Tenjin, Chuoku, Fukuoka, 810-0001, Japan